Awards and Recognition
Each Pack, Troop, Team, Crew or Post is required to electronically or manually report their youths advancements throughout the year. Below are links to the necessary information needed to complete the advancement reporting process.
Scoutbook is the BSA’s online unit management tool and helps Scouts, parents and leaders track advancement and milestone achievements along the Scouting trail.
As of January 1, 2019, Scoutbook subscriptions are free to all scouting units.
To learn more about Scoutbook click HERE.
Scoutbook user guides are available HERE.
Internet Advancement is another way to record your units advancements.
Process ranks and awards for packs, troops, teams, crews, ships, and posts
Units can submit advancement for unit youth members online. Use Internet Advancement for the following:
- Add ranks, merit badges, and awards
- Update information on existing advancements (excepting the Eagle Scout rank)
To use Internet Advancement:
- Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Obtain a unit ID code from the council. In the event that your code has been lost, call the council registrar at 785-827-4461.
- Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
- Click Internet Advancement on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
- Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit a paper copy of it to the council. Save a copy for your files.
Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update unit and council statistics.
Service Hour Reporting
To access the Journey To Excellence page on the National website click HERE
To go directly to the Service Hours Reporting log in page click HERE